Republic Arena
Republic Arena
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Discussion
how is macedon or epirus stronger than parthia

and how is pontus any worse than mace/epirus

if u give pont 5 cav, how is a faction like nabataea supposed to win, literally every unit would be worse.

pontus -> u have good units in every category and theyre cheap

parthia -> u have catas and parthian swords

these factions are fine.
practically macedon and epirus can make more mistakes and inacuracies during the battle than parthia which have to play absolutely correct to win, and anyway that's not about parthia which have 3-4 win lose stats, iț's about greeks and easterns in whole

"these factions are fine."

their stats in the tourney arent fine

"if u give pont 5 cav, how is a faction like nabataea supposed to win, literally every unit would be worse."

special debuff
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to vvgg1 for this post:
  • callmesoap
i don't understand that rlly, where is parthia so fragile they cant make mistakes

catas are the most forgiving shock cav in the game cuz they can eat javelins and not toally die, u can get a decent sword in parthian swords, u have 50% block chance slingers with good damage

epirus and macedon got pikes, better elite missiles and tarentines

what's making this so fragile i dont get it
parthia has only 3 catas, and only 4-5 decnt infantry units, and as well epirus/mace can just conquere the space with tarentines and all the battle threats to kill missiles, and anyway, that's not about parthia, athens and egypt the most vulnerable factions atm
they have tarentines which can do what u said, and they can bring more missiles and more melee than parthia.

cavalry is problem but everything else is theoretically better idk what more u can do

4 tarentines is very op and dumb to play vs if 90% of factions are 3 HA
if athens, sparta, or selucids will get 4 tarentines it ll just copensation for their immobility and absolute cavalry
disadvantage, im sure those 3 are obviusly weakest factions atm, practically and statistically
PS easterns should have additional missile unit
I suggest, against fractions where there is no XA, do not use XA, or limit to 1 or 2, because 3 XA is too difficult.
"Начать всегда легко - трудно продолжить."

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Hello friend! Subscribe to my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaYQblI...BmqbPMzmEg
i agree its not good (I have same problem Sad ) but I do not want to go into this route of homogeneity where every faction/army just looks the same (any more than it already does...)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Hamilkar Barca for this post:
  • morr
(03-04-2021, 08:20 PM)Hamilkar Barca Wrote: how is macedon or epirus stronger than parthia

and how is pontus any worse than mace/epirus

if u give pont 5 cav, how is a faction like nabataea supposed to win, literally every unit would be worse.

pontus -> u have good units in every category and theyre cheap

parthia -> u have catas and parthian swords

these factions are fine.

Cheap doesn't mean it's good to use,I'd rather buy expensive cav than cheap infantry

(03-04-2021, 07:41 PM)vvgg1 Wrote: rules have to be changed just to not kill a lilttle intrigue this tournament has atm
i guess pontus should have 5 700+ cav or  4 ha, cuz pontus with these rules is just weakened parthia, also i think  all eastern factions should be buffed as well with 4 ha or something like thit, cuz atm no any eastern faction perform as well as it should,  limited expensive cav made them vulnerable
also  i suggest to buff egypt and seleucid with either 4 tarentines or 2 eles, and to buff athens and sparta with 4 tarentines to make it more viable (especially against kite).  if nothing will be changed im sure there will be predictable final like epirus-macedon, cuz these factions just dominate over the other factions now( and nice players with these facs is not the only reason)

thank you bro
You guys are only thinking about your own faction, not the general balance of the tournament and all factions.

Let's imagine pontus has 5 cavalry units 700+. Now compare to Nabataea.

Pont: better melee cav, better shock cav, better cheap infantry, better midtier infantry, better pikes, better slingers, HAS HA (nabataea doesn't).

Nabataea: better midtier spears. Has archers.

Impossible to win for nabataea.

The imbalance caused by pontus having 5 700+ cav is larger than the imbalance between pontus and like ONE current faction, Parthia.

Maybe we should re-think something on a smaller level, such as the hillmen buff (maybe give it to pontus... but not sure). But cannot do something that drastic.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Hamilkar Barca for this post:
  • 5"tera
(03-05-2021, 03:08 AM)Hamilkar Barca Wrote: You guys are only thinking about your own faction, not the general balance of the tournament and all factions.

Let's imagine pontus has 5 cavalry units 700+. Now compare to Nabataea.

Pont: better melee cav, better shock cav, better cheap infantry, better midtier infantry, better pikes, better slingers, HAS HA (nabataea doesn't).

Nabataea: better midtier spears. Has archers.

Impossible to win for nabataea.

The imbalance caused by pontus having 5 700+ cav is larger than the imbalance between pontus and like ONE current faction, Parthia.

Maybe we should re-think something on a smaller level, such as the hillmen buff (maybe give it to pontus... but not sure). But cannot do something that drastic.

let me try,I use nabataea,you use pontus,you set a time
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to callmesoap for this post:
  • 5"tera
ok let's find a time idk tmw morning or weekend
(03-05-2021, 05:04 AM)Hamilkar Barca Wrote: ok let's find a time idk tmw morning or weekend

Washington DC 10:00AM,Beijing 23:00,what do you think
give or take 30 minutes ya
The general balance of CON 2021 is totally a mess. The following will be my briefly thinking.

1.Iceni is clearly weaker than the other barbarians(like Arverni), but it got weaken as same as other barbarians.
2.Sparta and nabataea are somehow too vulnerable, it's imposible to balance without deleting these two factions.
3.Pontus is imbalanced in this rule(though it may be better than sparta and nabataea), it nearly has nothing to cause damage in case its enemy won't strike straight to the pikes.
4.You guys just know shit about the armored camel archer of saba, admit that.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Sub_Zero for this post:
  • Maogong
saba can accept total 6 camels,If the camel's number is below six ,it won't have any meaningful forces.If you think it is not balanced,i suggest when vs saba can+1even2 700+ cav.This makes more choices.
(03-05-2021, 06:36 AM)Sub_Zero Wrote: The general balance of CON 2021 is totally a mess. The following will be my briefly thinking.

1.Iceni is clearly weaker than the other barbarians(like Arverni), but it got weaken as same as other barbarians.
2.Sparta and nabataea are somehow too vulnerable, it's imposible to balance without deleting these two factions.
3.Pontus is imbalanced in this rule(though it may be better than sparta and nabataea), it nearly has nothing to cause damage in case its enemy won't strike straight to the pikes.
4.You guys just know shit about the armored camel archer of saba, admit that.

Viva la Sub_Zero, Chief Champion of Western Rome WRE (ATW), High King in Danelaw GV2 (Britannia) , Custodian of the Holy Grail (MK1212), Talented Warlord in Shogunate (S2TW) and Cunning Ambusher in Schwarzwald Suebi (R2TW) !
Trollface
The problem is that in rome it is impossible to find a balance, there will always be one dominant faction and one bottom, if the admins listen to everyone what balance to do it will be even worse balance than at the moment
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tila for this post:
  • morr
(03-05-2021, 07:11 AM)Tila Wrote: The problem is that in rome it is impossible to find a balance, there will always be one dominant faction and one bottom, if the admins listen to everyone what balance to do it will be even worse balance than at the moment

So the most balanced way is to force civil wars every battles.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Maogong for this post:
  • morr
(03-05-2021, 05:23 AM)Hamilkar Barca Wrote: give or take 30 minutes ya

I am ready

[-]
Quick Reply